Child Protection Program
In the Child Protection Program, our Social Support department identifies the children who are most in need of help. Through targeting outreach and services, Social Support helps these children meet their basic needs.
Social workers monitor and offer advice to families and children. They develop trusting relationships with these families through structured meetings and constant communication.
Support for all PPSA students is provided on campus in the form of first aid, counseling services, and meetings. Selected children are offered social support such as free lunch, daily stipends, and counseling services.
Additionally, Social workers conduct outreach missions to educate our local communities about the importance of children’s rights.
This important program provides for children’s basic needs, allowing them to focus on their schooling.
To learn more, download our Child Protection Policy.
Generous international donors provide financial support to selected students. The collective sponsorship program PPSA provides these services to eligible children:
- free lunch 7 days/week
- Breakfast & Dinner stipend
- Medical care
- Uniforms, bicycles, and other school materials
- Additional financial assistance as needed
Become a sponsor and give students the tools to succeed here!
To ensure the success of our students after graduation, both in their professional and personal lives, Phare Ponleu Selpak provides the following support and classes to all students:
• Professional Skills (computer skills, English, communication).
• Life Skills (managing personal finances, healthy relationships, sexual health).
• Access to a Library – a campus resource with access to general knowledge, fiction and artistic books, in various languages.
• Sports and Leisure Activities – students are encouraged to join the numerous community activities, for example participating in the Angkor Wat International Half Marathon to raise valuable funds.
• Community Service – we aim to involve the students in more community projects, environment clean-up programmes, awareness raising activities on a wide range of topics, to continue to nurture in them a sense of gratitude, responsibility and community leadership.
The mission of our Social Support team is to promote the safety and well being of all through education, health support, and prevention. They work to accomplish several interconnected goals:
- Children’s rights should be understood and protected.
- Children should have access to education and the ability to improve their own living conditions
- Families should have the ability to protect and adequately care for their children.
- Communities should be safe and involved in the protection of children’s rights and well being.
The groups of beneficiaries are: children from 3 to 17 years old, young adults from 18 to 24, and the families of these children and young adults. These children, young adults, and their families all come from the immediate areas surrounding Phare Ponleu Selpak, defined as 3 Communes in Battambang Municipality, 6 Villages in Ochar commune, 5 Villages in Toul Taek commune, and 5 Villages in Chamcar Samrong commune.